Random Advice

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by tophyr, Jan 7, 2011.

  1. JBall

    JBall REALLY senior member

    Any windscreen that is the same shape as the stocker is SS legal. Doesn't matter if it's Hotbodies.
  2. faztbikez

    faztbikez Well-Known Member

    theres nothing more satisfying imho when you show up to a race in your old or non current bike and start kicking some ass same goes for track days show up with a 600 and start passing 1000s
  3. vance

    vance *

    Started on an R1
    Bought a beat up gsxr600, and riding it made me much faster on the r1
    Bought a tz125, and riding it made me faster on the 600
    Just bought a 25 yr old ex500.

    Something to remember, and it's not a bad thing:
    I've been racing 2 1/2 yrs and have never finished better than 5th.
    Most of us will never run a #1 plate.
    It's an expensive and dangerous hobby.
    Smaller bikes are less expensive and IMO, less dangerous. (At least for newer guys).
    I know I was TERRIFIED when I would brake after a straight on the R1.
    I THOUGHT that feeling was fun, until I passed someone in the dirt on the 125.:D
  4. tophyr

    tophyr D200 Reverse Track Guy

    LMFAO!! Yeah I'll be there in OMRRA :)
  5. anyexcuse2ride

    anyexcuse2ride sickday=trackday

    :), cool i could us a good tow

Share This Page